» posted on Monday, June 21st, 2010 at 5:01 pm by Brighid Brown
Button University Lesson 1: Instructions For Starting a Button Making Project
Throughout the years, so many of our wonderful customers have asked us for information, tips, and tutorials regarding button making and how to use their newly purchased button machine. We are always willing and excited to answer any question whether over the phone or though email, but also have made it our goal to give you online access to as many resources as we can provide.
One of these resources is Button University. We introduced Button University in an earlier post, and now we are setting out to provide all of our loyal blog readers with the same information that our website and storefront customers receive over at the main ABM site.
So with that in mind, let’s dive right into your first lesson from Button University: step-by-step instructions for starting a button making project.
Step-by-Step Instructions: How to Start Your Button Making Project
The first thing to understand about making buttons is that…it’s easy! Seriously. Don’t be intimidated. The button machines don’t bite unless they’re hungry, and we will only ship them to you once they are fully fed. : – )
- A button making machine
- A paper cutter
- Some button making supplies
- The right kind of paper for button making
Then, once you have the supplies, there are only three steps after that. (See…the further along you go, the fewer steps you have, and the easier it gets!)
- Design your buttons – this can be done by hand or on a computer using ready-made button design graphics. Plus, you can make buttons from graphics that you cut out from printed material like books, photos, and magazines. (Of course, if you plan to sell the buttons on a massive scale, just make sure you are not selling it with copyrighted material on it).
- Cut out your graphics using a circle cutter.
- Place the button supplies (shell, back, graphic, and mylar) into their appropriate dies. Then just pull the handle twice and you’re done! (We also provide button making how-to videos and step-by-step button making instructions over at the main site.)
And guess what? Only 2 steps after that! (See…from 4, to 3, to 2…easy as could be.)
- Figure out what you are going to do with your new buttons. Fundraiser? Button Business? Campaign promotion? Church promotion?
- Then plot your next button making rendezvous.
Stay tuned for Button University Lesson 2, where we will tell you everything you need to know about the various button sizes that you can make based on the specifications of your button making project.
Brighid Brown – Director of Blogging and All Things Cool at ABM
Email This Post | Print This Post |
Leave a Reply
» ***Brand New Features!***
» Who we are
But don't just take it from us! Click here to read what our customers say about American Button Machines AND our Build-a-Button online app.
» Get Featured!
» Special Deals!
» Recent Button Blog Posts
» Free Tutorial Videos
» Button Making Templates
» Customer Spotlight
- ABM Design Marketplace (5)
- Badges (6)
- Blog Announcements (36)
- Build-a-Button Online Design Center (4)
- Button Business Ideas (8)
- Button Machines (68)
- Button Making Design Tools (11)
- Button Making Software (9)
- Button University (12)
- Button Ups (1)
- Campaign Buttons (10)
- Circle Cutters (17)
- Customer Buttons (3)
- Customer Spotlight (17)
- Fabric Buttons (17)
- Flashing LED Buttons (1)
- Fundraising Ideas (9)
- How To Make a Button (5)
- How-To Videos by ABM (11)
- Interchangeable Magnetic Jewelry (3)
- Keychains (4)
- Magnets (1)
- Monogrammed Buttons (4)
- New Button Products (9)
- Photo Buttons (11)
- Pinback Buttons (36)
- Promo Codes (3)
- Template Tutorial Videos by ABM (5)
- Uses for Buttons (23)
- Videos (26)
» Topics Cloud
1 inch buttons American Button Machines badge reels build-a-button bulldog clips Button button accessories button business button design button graphics button machine Button Machines button maker button makers button making button making video button making videos buttons buttons for bands button sizes button supplies button templates Campaign Buttons Circle Cutter Circle Cutters clix Customer Spotlight cutters cutting button graphics Design Fabric Buttons fundraising graphics how-to magneta-snaps making buttons Monogrammed Buttons Photo Buttons pinback button pin back buttons Pinback Buttons punch cutter refrigerator magnets video video tutorial
» Button Information Resources
How to Make a Pinback ButtonClick on the video to view full screen. If you are using Internet Explorer, the video may not appear. If that is the case, just hop on over to the American Button Machines YouTube page to view all of our button making tutorials.
Follow the link to view more button making video tutorials from American Button Machines.